Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas Candles

Good morning !   It's a beautiful sunny Fall day here in Ontario !        I had a great time teaching at the "Christmas Doodles" class on Saturday at Crop Circles with the creative & fun ladies.    They made 8 cards with the new "Shirley Doodle" stamps, it was busy !  I'm posting a Christmas Card today that I designed for Crop Circles.   

I used a new Spellbinder Nestability to cut the shape and stamped and embossed the Candles & Holly with gold and coloured them with my Tom Bow markers.     The Christmas Candles image is a Shirley Doodle stamp.   I distressed around the image using the die as a 'mask' using "Old Paper" Distress Ink.     I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the green mat.  I used Impression Obsession's Cover a Card Flourishes CC027 with gold embossing on Basic Grey's 'Wassail' paper.   I also added some of the striped paper from that collection.    A bow and some red stickles were added as the final touch.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !
Shirley

4 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful Christmascard Shirley. Beautiful colors with the golden embossing. great
lovely greet Marja

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow what a beautiful beautiful stamp!! And you have made this gorgeous card in such an intriguing way again! This is very classic and classy looking! I love your techniques here: great how the cover-a-card stamp is used for a nice background! LOVE the great colours on the candle! very pretty! Great gold embossing, nice and prominent, looks so nice on a candle! Great colours, great finishing touches!
I continue to enjoy following you! :)
Greetings from Marn!

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, thanks for your kind words on my blog! And you made a lovely Christmas card! I like your style, warm greetz, Miranda

Shirley said...

Wow, the image is awesome! I just went looking for your images and couldn't find any? I want some!! The card is just elegant and awesome, BTW!