Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Holiday Thank You

Good Evening !     I've finally had a day to 'work' in my craft room and decided to create a card for this week's Challenge at Outline Stamps - "A Holiday Thank You".    You can find all the details and beautiful Design Team samples here at Outline's Blog 

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a "Holiday Thank You" for all your visits & comments here at my blog.   I appreciate all your kinds words.    I've truly enjoyed blogging this past few months and meeting friendly & very talented bloggers !       It's so wonderful that we can share ideas across the world so easily !


I also took this opportunity to try out the new stamps that I received with a recent Outline challenge win !    I used Outline Round Posies H-1037 X Lg, G-1038 Lg. & E-1039 Med and also F1049 Posy Greeting Centers (Thank you) to create this card.

I also used Designer Papers from my supply/stash.   A couple are from Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Collection (Christmas 2010) and the dark green is from BoBunny A gift of Love (also from Christmas 2010).     Unfortunatley I don't have much of these left as they are gorgeous.    

I stamped & embossed in gold the X-Lg & Lg posies on dark green designer paper and also on a gold/cream.   I stamped the Med. Posy once on the gold/cream paper.   I cut the outside edge from the dark green and layered onto the gold/cream as shown in the photo above.   I cut the outside edge from the gold/cream on the Med. Posy and used as the final layer and then added the Thank You Posy Greeting in the Center.  

The flower was layered onto BoBunny Dark Green designer paper and then onto Graphic 45 with the holly design and the final layer is dark green card stock.      A few Gold Metallic Leaves and Gold Ribbon along with a small flower charm that matches the design of the posy were the final touches.

In spite of a huge stash of ribbon I just didn't have the right red to co-ordinate.  I thought it would be a nice touch with red, but the gold blends in with the rest !


Thanks for stopping by and have a very Happy New Year !
Cheers
Shirley

10 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Shirley, wow this is gorgeous. What a elegant style and colors. Love it very much.
The flower is fabulous.
I wish you all the best and a Happy New Year.
Lovely greet
Marja

shatril said...

It's so wonderful to see Outlines Stamps like this. I love those flowers you did. Very unique Christmass card.

Hugz

Anneke van Groen said...

WOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!! That is a beautiful, beautiful card!! Love the colors an the flower is awsome. Great job again! hugs,,,Anneke

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, this is also a beautiful one! Like you I love the Outline stamps and have some but still never used them......we share the same taste! Wish you all the best for 2012 and let's inspire each other even more in the next year, warm greetz, Mirandax

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley, beautiful card, love all the"greens" in the card. I esp. love the little "Thank-Yoou" in the middle. Great job !! :-)

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really gorgeous card! I love the creams, gold and green colors! Outstanding! Good Luck too!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done Shirley! Love the charm on your ribbon and that stunning flower! Have a wonderful day!

Shirley said...

Absolutely gorgeous and how creative with those leaves too! Love the layering!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the layering of the flowers... the mix and match flowers are some of my most favorite stamps from Outlines! The little flower charm and the skeleton leaves add a lovely feminine touch to this fab card! Happy New Year!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
What a very very nice card! wow love it very much! What a nice blend of colours - I just love those shades of green and cream and great touch with the gold as well, and that flower - wow! Truly amazing, you made a very nice and unique flower there, and great touch with the thank you in the middle! Super card, well done again!!
Happy New Year and best wishes from Marlene :)