Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Beauty

Hello everyone ! The post lady delivered my most recent order from Chocolate Baroque a couple of days ago.  It's a beautiful set of stamps- "Artistic Expressions" UA4GW0384.     This set is a new release from CB and I pushed ordering it ahead of others on my wish list as I know I'll use them frequently !  I'll post a photo below so you can see what I'm talking about !

I decided to use 'Beauty' together with a flower from the "Fantasy Meadow" set UA5SP0355 also from Chocolate Baroque.   This expression makes me think of all the beauty that is around us. 



The background on this card was created by using Tom Bow makers, water & salt.  There is a little purple in with the pinks.    Both images were stamped and embossed with a dark plum EP.   I added a little white & pink to the flowers with my Prisma Pencils and then used a little holograph glitter for highlighting.

The mats behind the water color background are dark plum, then bright pink and the folded card is white.   I added white sheer ribbon and a flower charm before adhering it all together.


 

Below is a photo of the actual set of rubber stamps that Beauty comes in.   You need to order an EZ Mount sheet with these, but they are easy to mount & cut.  You get great value by doing a little work !

Thanks for stopping by and have a Beauty day !
Shirley

10 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

I love your composisition Shirley and the layout is beautiful Love also the sheet with sentiment of CB. Needs also on my wish list (this is being a very long list immadiately haha)
Lovely greet
Marja

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, indeed a BEAUTY! Always like that background technique and your colours are lovely and vibrant, that flower is one of my fav's!
warm greetz Miranda

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Oh Wow Shirley, this is stunning, I love it. The colours are beautiful and I really like that background technique. My Artistic Expressions arrived this morning, just need to cut them out now.

Have a great day.

Sue x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sensational! Love this Shirley. The background is the perfect showcase for those beautiful stamps. The highlights and glitter are all that was needed. Fabulous!
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Saakje said...

Hi Shirley
"Beauty" is the right word for this card. Very very nice and such a wonderfull colors. You made the right choice ordering this stamp. Nice done and thank you for sharing your creativity.
Warm greetings. Saakje.

cparsons said...

Shirley, this is beautiful!! I'm so glad to know of something to do with my Tombo markers. Do you need to use glossy paper?

Carole
http://scmagnolia.blogspot.com/

Shannon White said...

Wowzers! This is just Gorgeous Shirley! love the Wonderful BG you created!

Hugs
Shannon

Ellen Taylor said...

I am still trying to catch up on all I missed while my computer was getting fixed. Glad I caught this one! Beauty is right Shirley! Love the salted background and that gorgeous flower! You have a beauty of a day!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOW what a BEAUTY-ful card indeed! Wow I just love it! Such a gorgeous and vibrant background, terrific colours again, and nice blending - that is always such a great technique you do! Amazing!
The flowers are sooooo cool, I sure love them as well! Very pretty and very different too, they make a real statement, and you bring the best out of everything with this great card!
Well done and thanks for sharing!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous is your salt background! The images are beautiful! No wonder you needed that set. The colors and finishes are so creative, Shirley! Love the sparkle, too!