Sunday, May 13, 2012

ATC Swap !

Good Morning Crafters !    Happy Mother's Day !

If you are looking for my Blog Candy post please go here:  Blog Candy   Draw is May 17th.

I've been distracted from card making lately as I've been busy with other activities including working in the gardens.        

I 'met' a nice friend (also named Shirley) through the Chocolate Baroque Forum.   See my side bar for a link, it's similar to Paper Planet.      Shirley suggested that we swap ATC's (artist trading card) when I admired ATCs that she posted on the Forum and asked how she created them.    So of coarse I agreed but I'm not experienced at creating ATC's.

Below is the ATC I mailed to Shirley


The background was created from Tombow markers, water & salt.  I have lots of left overs here.   I stamped one of the flowers from the  Chocolate Baroque Fantasy Meadow set and embossed with a metallic power.   The sentiment is from Kaisercraft Life Sentiments set which was stamped with Cocoa Dye Ink. 

And below is the beautiful ATC that I received  from Shirley !   It's like a mini-painting I love it !


She explained her technique for the background:  "I did lots of blending with distress inks on an A4 piece of card, then I misted water into my hand & then flicked it on, Last but not least I put a small amount of perfect pearls into a mini mister with some water shook it up to mix & then sprayed that onto background & dried with heat gun"   Obviously she then added the tree & bird stamps (also from Chocolate Baroque) to create the scene !  

That's all for today.  I hope to be back later in the week with a card or two.  I have some cool looking texture stamps from Designs by Ryn that I'm anxious to get inked up !  

Thanks for your visits & have a great week !
Shirley

11 comments:

cparsons said...

I always like your backgrounds and this one is no exception. Your ATC is gorgeous:) I gotta tell you, I use Google Reader, and there are two Shirleys in my blog list. I identify you as "my" Shirley:) When I'm reading down the list I always get excited when it's your blog, because I know I'm going to love it!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love both of your swaps.....Beautiful cards indeed..
Hope you are having a super Mother's Day too!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful your backgrounds Shirley. Love it. This are again two wonderful and beautiful cards. I love the tree very much.
Lovely greet
Marja

craftystamper said...

I've never done ATC but have seen them and yours is a beautiful example. They are like miniature paintings. Beautiful work as always Shirley.

Ellen Taylor said...

Both are gorgeous Shirley! Love that key , sentiment and superb background! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day! Haven't had time to even look at my flower beds until tonight. They are such a fright I closed my eyes and went back in the house~LOL

maria's knutselplezier said...

Both ACT are wonderfull aswell yours as your friend, and it's nice to exchange ACT, when you would exchnge with me I would like it too, so we can collect ART from others, very interesting hobby, so if you feel the need to exchnge with me I would be very happy!!!

Greetings
Maria

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Both are beautiful ATC's. Your background with salt looks very interesting!
Wish you a nice sunny week,
xox Anja

Anneke van Groen said...

He Shirl...i love to make ATC's, made quite a few off those...i mean a LOT...Love t swap sometimes...who's in?????
Love both ATC's above...stunning!!!

xxxxxx Anneke

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful ATC's Shirley - I love your water and salt technique - it really is so effective. I seem to be in orange mode at the moment with my crafting - it's such an uplifting happy colour, so your ATC is right up my street!
The background technique on the "other Shirley's" ATC is beautiful too.

I hope your copy of Craft Stamper has arrived - I'm sure you will love reading it as there are always lots of lovely inky projects in there!
Have a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xx

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Well another first Shirley.Your ATC is beautiful and the one you received is lovely as well.Fabulous
Hugs
Helen

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Oh this is so nice! ATCs are good fun aren't they? So cute and small! Well done, this is so pretty! Beautiful embossed flower! Love the deep orange and the water and salt background! Neat key too! Love the sentiment! Very pretty ATC from the other Shirley too! Great tree, and interesting effect with flicking the water on the ink, cool!
Thanks for sharing!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)