Monday, June 25, 2012

Experimenting with Dylusions Ink

Good Morning Everyone

I  hope you had a great weekend.    Because of my fall last week I'm still doing a lot of sitting around and taking this time to relax and catch up on reading.  I normally like to stay active, but still thankful the injuries are not worse and I will heal.   Thank you for all your well-wishes, they are appreciated.

Yesterday I was 'itching' to do something crafty so I decided to get out my new Dylusions Inks.    I can spray inks while standing up and do a little stamping, just can't get into making cards where I need to move around my room.

Without looking at any tutorials, I created a 'mucky mess'.    I wondered why is this looking so awful when I've seen such beautiful creations on Blogs that I follow ?   So I search UTube and watch tutorial videos where I learn you should spray water first and have a big role of paper towels handy.

I tried again.... and 'ta da' ...beautiful vibrant colours emerge !  This is great fun & I can't wait to 'play' some more.   Now I would like to add some stencils to my growing crafting tools.   It never ends does it ?
Here is the simple tag I created.   The colours are more vibrant than this photo shows.  


After spraying the background with Dylusions Inks,  I stamped with Black Stazon ink using Hero Art, S5154 Three Ferns, Designs by Ryn CM-F5 Leaves & the word 'Art' is from Chocolate Baroque, Artistic Expressions set.   I was stamping at a table that is uneven so the ferns didn't stamp properly, but I decided they look 'distressed' and it would be fine on this tag, this is a practice piece.  I added a little fibre & leaf charm. 

June 29th update:  Here is a link to YouTube Video with Dyan Reaveley, Ranger Signature Designer demonstrating her ink, stencils & stamps:   Dylusions Demo

Thanks for all your visits & comments, they are very much appreciated.  Have a great day,
Shirley

17 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous :0) They are just such beautiful vibrant colours and you've made a brilliant tag Shirley! Glad to hear that you're healing, take it easy, Gay xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit more moveable....
Now for a practice tag this is just gorgeous Shirley! Love all those stunning colors.. To pretty to give it away and see it been tossed out.. You should make some bookmarks like this have them laminated and give it away as gifts.. Book reader's would love having something like this... Oh I know, I know you can even sell them to in some craft fair.....
Enjoy your day and go easy easy!

Karin said...

fabulous tag! love the colors and i also like the dylusions!
Glad to hear that you are a little bit moveable! Have a nice day!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

I am glad to hear that you can move a little bit. And create a lot like this beautiful Tag. Beautiful design and colors Shirley.
I wish that it will go better soon en take care of yourself.
Lovely greet and a big hug
Marja

brenda said...

Pleased you are a bit more mobile Shirley, I think we are our own worse enemies sometime and always want to push ourselves. My physio always says listen to my body, so why don't I ever take notice I wonder ?

Anyhow, you tag, it's beautifully vibrant and has a real tropical feel to it.

Take care.

B x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

This is a great and colorful result Shirley! Wowww you did very well :-)
Just now I read about an injurie...hope you'll recover soon!
All the best

greetings, Alie :-)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Even with your handicap you make a beautifull tag Shirley!!! Beautifull colours and image, I love this!!!

Greetings
Maria

Miranda said...

Hi Shirley, great to hear you doing fine and your 'dylusions'tag is lovely! Those colours are really vibrant aren't they? I was watching today some video tutorials by Deanne Raveley herself and indeed she uses a whole paper towel role, very handy! I have got my sprays also waiting for me......but then again a lot of crafting stuff is waiting for me LOL
warm greet Mirandax

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Shirley! Love the vibrant summery colors!8-) Just a Wondeful tag!

Hugs
Shannon

Alda said...

Hi dear Cous, good to hear you are doing a bit better. Love love love the dylusion tag. I am in a big fan of all the vibrant dylusion colors. Nice stamp you are using.
Love Alda

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful tag Shirley! Love your colors and the stamps you chose. Your a tough cookie!!! Hope you get some rest and good healing time this week! I am off to Vancouver to pack up my brother tomorrow. Yeah!! Have a fabulous week!

Sophie said...

Wow, Shirley, das ist ein herrliches Tag mit den vielen Blättern.
Die Farben sehen super schön aus.
Exellent!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I wish you that you feel better soon, dear Shirley xox
Your Tag is so amazing, love the vibrant colors. The dylusions stand on my wish list too, cause the are so brilliant, I love that.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hello Shirley - I am sorry to be late with my comment, but we have been away for a few days and I am just catching up.
Firstly, I was so sorry to read your previous Post regarding the accident - it sounds extremely painful. I do hope everything heals quickly so you can return to the things you love to do.
As for your Tag - the colours are glorious, and I love the inkiness - you do this so well!
Sending love and get-well hugs - Sylvia xx

craftystamper said...

Fabulous creation. Love the colors. Glad you are able to get around and be creative within the limits of your injuries. The human body is amazing in its adaptability. The creative mind doesn't stop does it?

Tracey said...

So sorry to here about your accident! Gorgeous tag Shirley! LOVE those colours!...thanks for the info about the inks/water...I did not know that and I have a few of these inks that I haven't tried using yet!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, I can't believe you did this standing up! The vibrancy of the Dylusions ink looks great in contrast with the black stamped images. Neat to see you making tags too :) Wishing you all the best in your recovery! Hugs!