Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rose Heart

Hello everyone !    I hope you are still enjoying the holiday season.    It's been snowing here and I'm enjoying seeing the winter wonderland from my craft room, so pretty !

Chocolate Baroque just released several new stamp sets.  Today I have a card using January's Stamp of Month set -  Rose & Thistle.   Again the creative possibilities with these beautiful & elegant designs are endless.  This set will certainly will make lovely Valentine, Wedding or Anniversary cards & more.

I'm joining into the Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes with this card.



I created the background with watercolour paints spritzed with water to blend.     The Flower Fragment from the Textured Fragment set was stamped with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.   You Inspire Me is from the Words of Inspiration set that is one of the wonderful word sets currently on special!   I stamped the Rose Heart from the Rose & Thistle set separately on white cardstock, coloured with my Prisma Pencils, cut out and adhered as shown.    I also added a little glitter that is hard to see in the photo.

Here is a look at the Roses & Thistle set



Thanks for your visits they are appreciated !    If you would like to see more designs from the new stamps please visit Chocolate Baroque's Design Team Blog.

Wishing you a happy, healthy & creative 2013 !
Shirley

23 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Shirley you made again a beautifull card, I really love the colours and de design, wonderfull!!!, I really love these stamps from CB again a set to put on my wish list!!!

Greetings
Maria

froebelsternchen said...

just AMAZING Shirley!

Happy New Year!

xxx Susi

Karin said...

wow a beautiful card, i love the colors and the stamps are great! Groetjes Karin

Saakje said...

Beautiful card Shirley.
Your choice of colors is so wonderful.
Again a lovely stamp sheet from C.B.
Happy new year!!!! "lieve groetjes" Saakje

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Wat een prachtige kaart een feestje op zich. Groetjes Janny

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, this stamp set is already on the top of my wish list, along with the other new stamps. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, and are looking forward to the New Year.

Hope the snow doesn't get too bad.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

A lovely combination of colours & I love the way you created the background & how the Textured Fragment has blended with the watercolours so well whilst retaining its distinctness. The coloured mats really do enhance the whole superbly.
Paula (PEP)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another big WOW from me Shirley! The colour combination is stunning, and what a fabulous background you have created too. LOVE it!

Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year - hugs, Sylvia xxx

brenda said...

This has a lovely dreamy feel Shirley and think I might be tempted by these new stamps.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,

B x

friemelchen said...

Fantastisch, einfach wundervoll Shirley!
lg Uli

Heather said...

A stunning card, your inking is superb and such a beautiful image.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge.

AngelicaS said...

I love your color combinations!

Nora MacPhail said...

Cool! I've just gotten into stamps recently... A bit late I know, but they a so fun! Happy New Year.

Donna Ellis said...

Shirley, could these images be any more gorgeous? ooooooo I LOVE THEM! Speaking of which, I love the colors you have selected, and the brilliant background. Looks amazing! Happy New Year, Shirley!

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow this is a very pretty card! VERY nice colour in the backgroud, love that green shade and the technique looks great (spritzed watercolour, excellent look!) The Flower Fragment and the Rose Heart are so pretty and look great together, nice work on the colours there too, they look great, also with that terrific background! Compliments!
Warm greetings, Marlene

Gerrina said...

Hi! Love your choice of colours on this one (not the usual red/rose)! And your background is so nicely subtile.... Happy Newyear to you! Hugs, Gerrina

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful als always!Love the stamped edges and the delightful heart.
Wish you a happy healthy and creative New Year,
Hugs Anja

Ryn Tanaka said...

Gorgeous background and colour choice. Green and purple so remind me of Spring in Canada. I´m looking forward to seeing it when I return to Ontario. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my little New Years video :) Hoping to see you in person again sometime in 2013!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley...so lovely!

Wish you all the best and very creative inspiration in 2013!

greetings, Alie :-)

Eileen said...

Such a beautiful card ... I love all your work Shirley. I hope Christmas was good for you. I want to send my very best wishes to you and your family for 2013. Thanks for all the supports and kind comments that you leave on my blog

Eileen xxx

Anneke said...

Lovely card, nice background, beautiful colors! Wish you all the best for the New Year Shirley!

Bonnie said...

Love that background and the roses!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is pretty, too! The subtle shading in the green background makes that purple heart really pop. Happy New Year, Shirley!!