Thursday, October 03, 2013

Snowflake Edges with Glitter and Flourishes

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a terrific week.

I have a few more Christmas designs to show you today using Chocolate Baroque's new Winter Edges set.


To create the background above I sprayed Calypso Teal & Linen Dylusions Inks, spritzed with a little water and added a little sea salt here & there.   When dry, I embossed the Snowflake & Village edges from Winter Edges with Wow-Black Twinkle which has lots of glitter.    I added little holograph circle stickers to the centers of the snowflakes.  Warm Winter Wishes is from Warm Christmas Greetings.  

I also used the fabulous Snowflake Ornament from Snowflake Flourish for the card below.


I created the background with Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks using the Acrylic Block technique.   Both snowflakes edge stamps from Winter Edges were stamped with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.    I also stamped a snowflake from Snowflake Flourish with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.   The Ornament from Snowflake Flourish was embossed with a blue glitter powder on separate card stock and coloured with a Tombow marker.  I added lots of rhinestones to the centers of the snowflakes.   Merry Christmas is also from Warm Christmas Greetings.



I have one more design using the Snowflake Flourish & Winter Edges sets.



The background is London Blue & Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions Inks.   I stamped the Snowflake edge on the left & right hand sides with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.   When dry I embossed the beautiful snowflake flourish with silver.    I also embossed the Ornament, coloured with Tombows markers and decoupaged it onto the background.  I added lots of Stardust Stickles and rhinestones.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirley

32 comments:

Patricia said...

So beautiful again!!!! And thanks for your comment with the challenge.
Have a loveley day
Greetz Patricia

Valerie-Jael said...

These are all gorgeous, and what lovely colours! Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

gorgeous cards Shirley!

chrissie said...

Really beautiful cards

Chrissie x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three gorgeous cards Shirley, all of them in gorgeous colours. I love how you've combined the new stamps with the bauble (this is my favorite bauble stamp).

Hope you're having a great week.

Sue x

sheila 77 said...

I enlarged these pictures to see the fantastic effects you have achieved with sparkle. Wonderful cards and happy cards, Shirley.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Shirley,
that are breathtaking christmas cards!
The first is an amazing dreamy scenery.
Love the glitter balls cards too, specially the last color combination blow me away.
Wish you a great day,
big hugs Anja

Gerrina said...

Beautiful backgrounds and I love the colours EP you picked! They all look great! I´ve to get on with the cards... Have a fun and creative week, Gerrina

Jeannette said...

WOW Shirley,love your amazing christmas cards,love the glitter of the balls and the beautiful colors and backround.
Have a great week,Greetings Jeannette

Paula (PEP) said...

I know I've said it before but your matting is just a joy to see - it sends little shivers of delight up my back when I see what you do. Your use of gems, embossing & glitter is striking in all of these but I think the green one has to be my favourite. I always fall for the green!!
Paula (PEP)
PS - I can see why you needed a break from Christmas, but it looks like you'll have the card problem done & dusted well before Advent.

Unknown said...

Love the vibrancy of your cards Shirley, I have just purchased those inks and not tried them yet, I am eager to though. What does the sea salt do? I was going to attend a class on using these inks but I am sure I don't need to pay a fortune with kind blogging buddies like you..luv aNNie xx

Wendy said...

Yum yum, such delicious colours! Love that snowflake border, very effective. All beautiful xmas cards Shirley! xx

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Beautiful card and beautiful colours. janny

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty your winter wonderlands are, Shirley! Amazing colors in your last card (LOVE those images), and your greens look so Christmasy in the 2nd card. My favorite is the first card because it looks like the northern lights and magical backdrop with the glittery village and sky line!
hugs,
de

Ryn Tanaka said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Shirley :) The top card took my breath away. I love how the salt technique you used also looks like snow falling in this context.

maria's knutselplezier said...

What did you again a great job, you created wonderful cards!! I love them my favorite is the last one, I really love the colours and the background!!

Greetings
Maria

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Shirley,,,,waht a great backs and all over love taht glitter,,,,,really such a great idea.....love it..

Alex said...

Wow Shirley, your Christmas cards are gorgeous!

Lindeke said...

Wow 3 gorgeous Christmas cards Shirley! Specially the first one! Love the background and the beautiful snowflakes!! Gr, Linda

Amanda said...

Fabulous Xmas cards loving those backgrounds
Love
Amanda x

Bonnie said...

Oh, Shirley, these are so pretty! I love the snowflake ornament and it's really gorgeous with the glitter! Your backgrounds are as gorgeous as always. I wish I could get my acrylic block to work like you do!

Nan G said...

All three are fabulous! Love the effect of the salt technique.

Shona said...

What can I say? These just make me feel happy !! Especially that last one, I got drool on my desk!

Di said...

These are fabulous Shirley. Amazing backgrounds as usual. I love them all. Di xx

Ellen Taylor said...

A trio of beauties Shirley! Love all the sparkle and your ever so creative and gorgeous backgrounds!! beautifully done!!
Hugs
Ellen

craftimamma said...

Stunning cards Shirley. I am sorely tempted by those edger stamps even though I told myself no more Christmas stamps this year, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Marn said...

Hi Shirley!
WOW these are very very beautiful cards again and sooo pretty with the nice colours! Terrific designs too, I love all of them! The Christmas decoration balls are so pretty and so is the first one with the snowflakes and village image, so pretty! Well done again!
Warm greetings, Marlene :)

Sandy said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful Shirley and so is your cat. You can tell he is spoiled rotten!!
sandy

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Shirley, your colours are amazing! Cathy x

Alex said...

Wondful Chrsitmas cards, Shirley! I love the "warm Christmas" wishes best, but all the others are beautiful too!

Shirley said...

Always such amazing backgrounds Shirley my fave card is the blue embossed snowflake, stunning.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Sophie said...

Umwerfend schön, Shirley.
Die Stempel mit diesen Farben, das sieht einzigartig aus.

Grüße von Sophie xx