Sunday, December 21, 2014

Poinsettia Mandala

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the season!  It's a busy time.

I have a card today using a beautiful stamp that I received as blog candy a while ago from the very kind and talented Ellen of The Serendipitious Stamper who is a member of Impression Obsession's Design Team,    I was very happy with it as I love Mandalas and poinsettias - Thank you Ellen !


The background was created by simply randomly stamping with a solid stamp by Hero Arts (Poinsettia Bloom) using Broken China Distress Ink.

The Mandala Poinsettia by Impression Obsession was embossed with silver several times.  I 'fancy cut' the flower, painted with Tom Bow markers and layered as shown.  I used a circle die to cut out the first image.  I have other ideas for this stamp, it's pretty cool as it also has zentangle inspired patterns.


Funny when I created this one (a while ago) at the same time I was blown away by gorgeous card designs that Miranda created using the same stamp and more.  If you have time, it's well worth it to visit Miranda's blog here and also her blog here....enjoy!


Seasons Greetings,
Shirleyx

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and stamps, too. Hugs, Valerie

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

WAY Cool!

chrissie said...

This is stunning Shirley. Thank you for the link to Miranda's blogs as well. It was wonderful to amazing work

Love Chrissie x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love those colours, they are beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and lots of hugs to Archie.

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous card!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones.

Gaby xo

Shirley said...

I haven't made a mandala card for years Shirley, this is gorgeous. I wish I hadn't given away my mandala stamps because you have just got the juices flowing again.

Off to check out Miranda's blog.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Miranda said...

Hi teamie, did not know you have that same gorgeous stamp, it's beautiful mm? You've made such a lovely card with that and of course thanks for linking to my blog! I like the Zentangle stamps of Joanne Fink! xxMiranda

Greta said...

What a beauty--so unique!

aussie aNNie said...

Love your wonderful creation, full of gorgeous colours....xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Karin said...

Very pretty card!
happy holidays!
Groetjes Karin x

Pat said...

This is so pretty Shirley, and I love that poinsettia background and the beautifully coloured flower is shown off wonderfully well by that die cut circle and the coordinating ribbon. x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shirley! A wonderful prize for sure, Shirley! And it could not have happened to a nicer person! Shirley, your card and medallion look fabulous - so rich and colorful - wishes for a lovely Christmas in your new home, and for many more happy celebrations to happen there as well! hugs, de

sheila 77 said...

This is pretty amazing, Shirley, all the cutting and 3D layering, very unusual and so effective and precise.
Have a great Christmas time! Give your crafting assistant a day off!

Gerrina said...

Wow, love those colours together and with the embossing the flower looks so elegant and light! Hugs, Gerrina

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful and festively card, love the brilliant lilac color..
Big hugs Anja