Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tags using Acrylic Inks and more

Hello creative people, I hope you are doing well.  I would like to welcome the new followers and thank everyone for the visits and kind comments.

I have a couple of tags to show today that were fun to create while trying out new techniques.  I created the first tag at a workshop while attending the evening Art Specially Event while in the Netherlands.



The background of the tag above was created using Liquitex Acrylic Inks spritzed with water.  I dried the first colour before adding the second.  However you can blend the colours while wet.  The workshop that we sat in, was a 'go with the flow' session, which was fun as we could create our own designs.  Sorry I do not know the names of the stamps that I used.

I fell in love with the acrylic inks and had to buy bunch from our local Art Shop when I returned back home.  I didn't want to risk broken bottles of acrylic ink in my suitcase if I bought them while away....disaster !  




This second tag above was also some experimenting but recently at home.  I started with Distress Paints with water.  When dry I stenciled over with Distress Ink and Design by Ryn's Japanese Anemone stencil and then embossed with clear over top.    I stamped with a Penny Black script stamp (1999L Letter Background) and then added more stenciling and then embossed with gold.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,
Shirleyx

26 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING tags Shirley! Love specially the first one ..so fab with the half part of the butterfly! very expressive!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful brilliant colored tags, I love as Susi the first most, love the deep purple with the white contrast.
Big hugs Anja

Nan G said...

Gorgeous tags! Liquid ink from Liquitex huh...might need to get some of those. Love the colors and the effect of the first tag. Hugs

chrissie said...

Wonderful finish on both of the stunning tags Shirley.

Love Chrissie xx

Gerrina said...

They both look beautiful! Great colours together and beautiful texture on the second! Hugs, Gerrina

Valerie-Jael said...

GORGEOUS tags, love those luscious colours! Hugs, Valerie

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great tags dear Shirley , I especially love the last one because of the beautiful background!!!

Greetings
MAria

Pat said...

I love both these tags Shirley and the gorgeous colour combinations. I love the way the first has the butterfly over the edge and the nice script with the white dots and then the complementary feather in the top, and I love the Japanese Anemone stencilling inked and clear embossed which stands out so prettily and the lovely script again but then those beautiful random bits of embossed gold and the gold around the edge add so much interest. x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous tags Shirley. I love the colours on both of them, the white paint spots look great on the first and the gold embossing on the second. Hope you're having a great week.

Sue xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful tags, Shirley, lovely layers on first one and I loved especially your gold embossing on second.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Shirley, loving the rich purples in the first tag! Also really like your subtle use of Japanese Anemone stencil. Creates a great background texture :)

Enny said...

Wonderful tags Shirley ! Your other creations are also very beautiful. I've been on holiday, so couldn't comment for a while, but from now on, you'll hear from me again ! Greetings, Enny

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful tags, Shirley. How nice that you could attend a workshop in the Netherlands. Hope you're finding time for your gardens--you've been posting a lot.

Anneke said...

These two tags looks wonderful.
I really love both of them. Great design
Shirley. Thanks for letting us enjoy Anneke

Darnell said...

These are both just magical, Shirley! You rocked the new medium you tried on your trip - and then some! These tags are mwah!! Hugs, Darnell

Annette P.-L. said...

Absolutely beautiful tags! Especially I like the first one!

craftimamma said...

Fabulous tags Shirley. Love them both and such wonderful colours.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Love the way you create your backgrounds!!!

Miranda said...

These acrylic inks sounds interesting Shirley! The tags you've made are beautiful especially the rich purple shades! xxMiranda

~*~Patty S said...

Love the rich and juicy colors and textures you have on both of these lovely tags Shirley.
Those are all my favorite colors.
Happy beginning of the weekend to you.
oxo

Margik said...

Very beautiful tags Shirley! Love the colours and the backgrounds. I can't decide which is my favourite of these two, both are super! Mar xx

Sue said...

Stunning tags Shirley and of course such vibrant colours:)) have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

These tags are just stunning, Shirley - you're just creating up a storm! As always, wonderful colour too!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous and so creative , lovely colour too..{aNNie My Personal Blog}

maz said...

Absolutely gorgeous tags, the acrylic inks look an interesting medium, vivid colours x

Wendy said...

Two beautiful tags! Love your inky backgrounds. Xx